WebSutra Technology Pty Limited are bound by and committed to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) from Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988. The Act regulates the way organisations must collect, use, keep, secure and disclose personal and sensitive information.
To this end, WebSutra will:
- Collect personal information in a manner that is fair, lawful and not intrusive in accordance with the privacy principles;
- Only use or disclose the information for the purpose it was collected (unless the person has consented), or for a related secondary purpose, or in circumstances related to public interest such as law enforcement, public or individual health and safety;
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- Take reasonable steps to protect the personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- Provide an individual access to personal information it holds about an individual upon request;
- Not adopt, use or disclose, an identifier that has been assigned by a Commonwealth government ‘agency’;
- Provide individuals with the option to interact anonymously whenever it is lawful and practicable to do so;
- Not collect sensitive information without prior consent, unless it is required by law or in other special specified circumstances;
- Under no circumstances sell or share your information with other organizations for commercial purposes.
- WebSutra will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its collection and storage practices to ascertain how improvements to accuracy can be achieved.
- WebSutra will take steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information after as short a time as possible and after a maximum of seven years, unless the law requires otherwise.
- WebSutra generally does not send information overseas.
- If Personal Information must be sent by WebSutra overseas for sound business reasons, WebSutra will require the overseas organisation receiving the information to provide a binding undertaking that it will handle that information in accordance with the APPs, preferably as part of the services contract.
Contacting WebSutra About Privacy
We will take any privacy complaint seriously. We will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with relevant information we may require.
We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia):
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing to:
Director of Compliance, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner,
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
T: 1300 363 992
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of revised Australian privacy laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. Any amendments to our policies will be posted at www.meshedagent.com.au and will be effective when posted. Your continued use of this site following the posting of any amendment, modification, or change shall constitute your acceptance of the amendment.
The information we collect is used to solely to improve the quality of this website, and to contact you when felt necessary. To that end we may occasionally store a small cookie file on your computer. These cookies are never used to spy on your privacy nor used to steal your personal information.